• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Peak / Off Peak restrictions during strike days

Status
Not open for further replies.

concerned1

Member
Joined
18 Mar 2012
Messages
40
Think I know the answer to this but could I just check?

Are there any changes to the peak/off-peak restrictions for tickets on strike days? Last time I travelled on a strike day the gate barriers were all open, no ticket checks were being carried out on the train although the guard was walking through the carriages to check on people, the buffet was only giving out free water and not selling any hot food and only accepting cash.

Does this mean you can travel on a peak service with an off-peak ticket in practice or even in theory?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
Joined
19 Jan 2010
Messages
5,048
Location
Crewe
No ticket checks? I'm surprised at that given the revenue the railways needs after the issues faced in the last few years.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top