• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

PayPal and receipt of goods refund

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bayum

Established Member
Joined
21 Mar 2008
Messages
3,299
Location
Leeds
I’m considering a purchase. Buyer has told me they don’t use PayPal.

1) Am I able to send funds from PayPal to a bank account?

2) Am I covered for a refund if receipt of goods doesn’t happen for whatever reason?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ComUtoR

Established Member
Joined
13 Dec 2013
Messages
9,562
Location
UK
https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-send-money-faq1684
With PayPal, you can send money to anyone with an email address or mobile number.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp...-buyer-protection-and-how-am-i-covered-faq645
When buyers pay with PayPal on any website, PayPal Buyer Protection covers them in case there is a problem. If an item doesn’t arrive or is significantly not as described, we will help buyers get a full refund

Kinda easy information to find tbh.
 

ComUtoR

Established Member
Joined
13 Dec 2013
Messages
9,562
Location
UK
I trust my bank more than I trust PayPal. Your money, your choice of course :)
 

ComUtoR

Established Member
Joined
13 Dec 2013
Messages
9,562
Location
UK
I'm not sure that sending money to an email address is considered (or protected) the same as paying an invoice for a particular service or goods.

I used PayPal recently to pay for a service. I got an invoice for the service requested. I believe they do invoicing for businesses.
 

PeterC

Established Member
Joined
29 Sep 2014
Messages
4,786
I’m considering a purchase. Buyer has told me they don’t use PayPal.

1) Am I able to send funds from PayPal to a bank account?

2) Am I covered for a refund if receipt of goods doesn’t happen for whatever reason?
Paypal is for amatures. Any reputable business will take credit cards.
 

Karl

On Moderation
Joined
16 Aug 2011
Messages
710
Location
Bamber Bridge
I've used PayPal for 10 years now and have never had a problem. I think it's a simple and easy way of paying for things.
 

DaleCooper

Established Member
Joined
2 Mar 2015
Messages
3,542
Location
Mulholland Drive
Paypal is for amatures. Any reputable business will take credit cards.

A lot of people on eBay (for instance) aren't businesses just individuals selling a few bits and bobs. That's when PayPal is most useful, as you say they are "amatures" (sic).
 

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
15 Apr 2016
Messages
18,959
Location
Devon
A lot of people on eBay (for instance) aren't businesses just individuals selling a few bits and bobs. That's when PayPal is most useful, as you say they are "amatures" (sic).
I don’t have a credit card, I have nothing on HP, I have no bank loans, but I do have PayPal. My credit rating is rubbish, and I can only assume that I’m an armature (sick (sic))
 

DaleCooper

Established Member
Joined
2 Mar 2015
Messages
3,542
Location
Mulholland Drive
I don’t have a credit card, I have nothing on HP, I have no bank loans, but I do have PayPal. My credit rating is rubbish, and I can only assume that I’m an armature (sick (sic))

Ditto, ditto, ditto, ditto, who needs a credit rating when you always pay cash?
 

ComUtoR

Established Member
Joined
13 Dec 2013
Messages
9,562
Location
UK
Just Eat
Dominoes
Sony
Screwfix
Booking.com
Papa Johns

Yep, complete amateaures :/

Ditto, ditto, ditto, ditto for me too. However, my *credit rating is awesome.

*according to the bank who game me my mortgage recently
*not according to clearscore
 

big all

On Moderation
Joined
23 Sep 2018
Messages
876
Location
redhill
I don’t have a credit card, I have nothing on HP, I have no bank loans, but I do have PayPal. My credit rating is rubbish, and I can only assume that I’m an armature (sick (sic))
Exactly my ethos. I don't do credit; if i can't afford it i don't do it :D

I do have a credit card, but purely for cash back and one bill a month with no charges ever.

I had a no quibble refund from Paypal today, as a seller hadn't sent the product. It was only £25, but worth having.

I have avoided using Paypal twice over the last 15 years, but it's outside the eBay trading rules, or was at that time at least.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top