• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Paying excess on MKC to EUS travelcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickleics

Member
Joined
21 Jun 2008
Messages
22
I have a ANYTIME DAY TC from MKC to EUS (£43.90) for tomorrow.

I have since realised that, since I live near to Woburn Sands, it would be preferable walk to and start my journey there. The ANYTIME DAY TC from WOB to EUS via BLY is £51.40.

Two questions:

1. Can I buy an ANYTIME DAY R from WOB to BLY (£5.10), and then use my MKC to EUS ticket to complete my journey to London? This would be my cheapest option.

2. If not, can I excess the MKC to EUS ticket and pay the difference to use it from WOB? Would the gripper on the WOB train be able to handle this question?

Thanks in advance for any help.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,471
First one is perfectly fine. Second one I don't think is possible, unless you are permitted to doubleback via MKC on a through ticket from Woburn Sands.
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,471
That's ok even though I'm starting my second journey from BLY and not from MKC where I'm booked to start from?

Thanks for help.

You're welcome.

You can start/finish short on all Anytime tickets. There is no problem.
 

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
27 Apr 2011
Messages
18,157
At one time there the double back between Bletchley and Milton Keynes was allowed but it was removed a couple of years ago, iirc.
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,471
At one time there the double back between Bletchley and Milton Keynes was allowed but it was removed a couple of years ago, iirc.

That's probably why it was ringing at the back of my head. :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top