bluegoblin7
Established Member
Except, of course, it's not just train drivers.I'm sure all the nurses, teachers, hospitality workers and general public who won't be able to get to work or their holidays will completely understand the plight, terrible pay and conditions that these poor train drivers are forced to endure, and will support them to the hilt. I know I do.
Customer Service Assistant 2s, the lowest paid frontline, operational band, are currently on £30,381. A 5% pay increase will take them to £31,900.
Even before taking into account things like tax, NI and pensions contributions, this works out at an increase of around £116 per four weekly period (LUL pays four weekly).
A messy calculation to throw in deductions comes out as just over £2,000 take home - would you be assaulted, threatened and more for that? I suspect not.
Food inflation is still at around 4% - this pay deal is backdated to April 2023. It is a real terms pay cut.
What about TfL Commissioner Andy Lord getting an 11% pay rise of £40,000? If it's good enough for Andy, surely everyone else should get it?
Let's fight for us all to have a better life, not pit different sectors against each other. You too could have a strong and effective union if you organised.

Last edited: