• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Past NRE information and possible discrepancies in timings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

181

Member
Joined
12 Feb 2013
Messages
945
1) Is there any way to check what information the NRE journey planner provided about a time that is now in the past? (e.g. to see on a Sunday evening (or later) what you would have found if you'd searched on the Saturday -- or immediately before the train departed on the Sunday -- for a journey on the Sunday afternoon?).

2) Is it possible for NRE to contain different information from the 'GBTT' column in RealTime Trains (e.g. if somebody forgets to update NRE with a revised timetable)? Or are they inextricably linked by being fed automatically from the same source?

3) Is it possible, at least in the case of a VAR schedule, for a driver to be given timings that are different from those in the 'WTT' column of RTT?

I'm asking because a train I used yesterday appeared to have been retimed by a few minutes compared with the normal Sunday timetable, and I hadn't noticed this in NRE. It was probably just me being dozy, but it would be interesting to be able to check this, and as the train departed early* from some stations, compared to the revised schedule, I wondered whether the driver might have been driving to the unrevised one.

*I'm not imagining this -- it's recorded in RTT.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Class377/5

Established Member
Joined
19 Jun 2010
Messages
5,594
1) Is there any way to check what information the NRE journey planner provided about a time that is now in the past? (e.g. to see on a Sunday evening (or later) what you would have found if you'd searched on the Saturday -- or immediately before the train departed on the Sunday -- for a journey on the Sunday afternoon?).

2) Is it possible for NRE to contain different information from the 'GBTT' column in RealTime Trains (e.g. if somebody forgets to update NRE with a revised timetable)? Or are they inextricably linked by being fed automatically from the same source?

3) Is it possible, at least in the case of a VAR schedule, for a driver to be given timings that are different from those in the 'WTT' column of RTT?

I'm asking because a train I used yesterday appeared to have been retimed by a few minutes compared with the normal Sunday timetable, and I hadn't noticed this in NRE. It was probably just me being dozy, but it would be interesting to be able to check this, and as the train departed early* from some stations, compared to the revised schedule, I wondered whether the driver might have been driving to the unrevised one.

*I'm not imagining this -- it's recorded in RTT.

1) Don't think there is anything public.

2) Yes as TOC data (CIS etc) may have a delay put on due to knowing Driver is delayed that doesn't always transfer to NRE and it won't show up on any RTT system.

3) All the time. However depending on what source your looking at for the RTT the train could have been on time. Worth noting that the RTT can be out. Sometimes TRUST shows trains arrive after they've departed.
 

181

Member
Joined
12 Feb 2013
Messages
945
Thankyou. This is the train in question. I was expecting it to leave Didcot at 16.21 and Cholsey at 16.27, as per GW's printed timetable; at Cholsey it was advertised on the CIS as the 16.34 departure, and departed at about 16.31 or 16.32, by both the clock display on the CIS and my watch -- definitely earlier than the CIS said it should be. It left Didcot as soon as possible after this train had crossed its path to arrive in platform 5, so I'll never know if it would otherwise have left at 16.21.

(I'm assuming that I'm not risking getting the driver into trouble for leaving early as a) the information is publicly available already, b) no-one appeared to miss the train at Cholsey, and c) it may not have been his fault anyway).

It's a pity there's no way of checking past NRE information. Are you entitled to compensation if you look up a train in NRE and are then delayed because it's actually scheduled at a different time (or removed from the timetable altogether)? If so, this presumably doesn't apply if you look it up weeks in advance -- how close to the time of travel are you expected to check? (To clarify, I'm not seeking any compensation in this case!).

For anyone reading this after the RTT links have expired, see the attachment.
 

Attachments

  • early train.pdf
    71.3 KB · Views: 17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top