61653 HTAFC
Veteran Member
There used to be a guy in the 1970s and 1980s who stood in Oxford Street (always on the south side, I noticed, but varied from near Bond Street to nearer Charing Cross Road) and his beef (pun intended) was that protein was the cause of all life's ills, of which lust seemed the most repugnant to his eyes. Meat and nuts were listed among several others on a huge board he used to carry. He looked, come to think of it, like an older Jacob Rees-Mogg, so I wonder if the latter is a relative. I would say he was present on every weekday on the street for twenty years, possibly more. I don't recollect ever seeing anyone engaging him in conversation: he had leaflets with him, but, again, I never saw him giving them out or anyone requesting one.
There used to be a woman who'd be in Huddersfield every Saturday morning shouting things like "When we sin, we make our nation weak!" Homosexuals seemed to provoke most of her ire... Unfortunately it always sounded like she was shouting "When we sing, we make Carnation milk!" which rather took the edge off her message!
) was that protein was the cause of all life's ills, of which lust seemed the most repugnant to his eyes. Meat and nuts were listed among several others on a huge board he used to carry. He looked, come to think of it, like an older Jacob Rees-Mogg, so I wonder if the latter is a relative. I would say he was present on every weekday on the street for twenty years, possibly more. I don't recollect ever seeing anyone engaging him in conversation: he had leaflets with him, but, again, I never saw him giving them out or anyone requesting one.