• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Passenger numbers on trains heading into London tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drsatan

Established Member
Joined
24 Aug 2009
Messages
1,887
Location
Land of the Sprinters
Good evening,

Tomorrow morning, I need to travel into London from the Southampton area.

I'll be travelling with an Interrail pass. A few weeks ago, I bought a fully-refundable National Express coach ticket to London Victoria and return.

Are trains heading into London terminii tomorrow likely to be busy with people paying their respects? I can't find any information suggesting greater passenger volumes. I'm not sure if I should take the coach or not, seeing as the roads near Buckingham Palace will be closed.

Thanks in advance
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Joined
29 May 2011
Messages
23,403
Are trains heading into London terminii tomorrow likely to be busy with people paying their respects? I can't find any information suggesting greater passenger volumes. I'm not sure if I should take the coach or not, seeing as the roads near Buckingham Palace will be closed.
At the same time as there may be more people going into London for the reason you cite, fewer people will be travelling for events that have been cancelled - eg sporting fixtures and cultural events - so there could be fewer people travelling overall.
 

alistairlees

Established Member
Joined
29 Dec 2016
Messages
4,420
Good evening,

Tomorrow morning, I need to travel into London from the Southampton area.

I'll be travelling with an Interrail pass. A few weeks ago, I bought a fully-refundable National Express coach ticket to London Victoria and return.

Are trains heading into London terminii tomorrow likely to be busy with people paying their respects? I can't find any information suggesting greater passenger volumes. I'm not sure if I should take the coach or not, seeing as the roads near Buckingham Palace will be closed.

Thanks in advance
I don't expect you will see much difference at all. I wouldn't worry about it.
 

spyinthesky

Member
Joined
17 Aug 2021
Messages
512
Location
Bulford
If you are travelling via Basingstoke then I believe there are Bus replacements between there and Woking.
 

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
27 Apr 2011
Messages
18,156
I popped up to London earlier using Thameslink. No busier than normal.
 

davews

Member
Joined
24 Apr 2021
Messages
1,018
Location
Bracknell
My impression on a trip today - Martins Heron to Waterloo then a (very nice) walk along the Dorris brook using Northern line. Trains busy yes, but plenty of seats. Northern line plenty of seats. But don't go anywhere near Buckingham Palace! Decided spur of the moment to head back to Green Park, walk through there to the palace and then St James Park to show my respects. Victoria line platform at Euston jam packed, train when it eventually arrived was sardines, then having got on they said Green Park station was closed because of congestion. So abandoned the idea, got off at Oxford Circus and back to Waterloo on the Bakerloo, oodles of room. Yes, I could have continued to Victoria and walked from there but that would probably be as bad.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top