Monkey Magic
Member
- Joined
- 7 Jun 2013
- Messages
- 115
You started this rant in response to someone who SPECIFICALLY said "if I screwed up in those circumstances I would expect to take the consequences". But hey, continue yelling at the sky.
Ironic really since the only one ranting is you. But hey, everyone without a UK passport is just here to rip off the system and anyone who dares to disagree with you is a keyboard warrior...
Here's the thing, you didn't read my post properly and jumped to the wrong conclusion. You messed up. Strictly speaking by your own moral rules I should now treat you like dirt and assume that you were deliberately misreading my post to troll. To treat you differently would be to change the rules.
A mistake on your part? Maybe? Or perhaps the discussion forum equivalent of ticketless travel, exploiting the situation for your own ends.
No one is saying 'change the rules' however, I find it incongruous, when FGW is running a 'put yourself in their shoes' campaign for better relations between customers and staff, to see that far from putting themselves in their shoes, the default position of staff towards passengers without tickets or the wrong ticket is to say 'oh you must be cheating the system'. Clearly, not 'putting themselves in their shoes'.
I find it ironic that we get plenty of complaints from staff about passengers behaving unfairly towards them and lacking empathy with them when they are working in difficult situations (and staff are totally right to complain about this) but then behave towards passengers with a total lack of empathy and understanding, when passengers are potentially in difficult situations.
It's not hard really. Just think about the situation you are confronted with and try to understand. That's all.
Like I say, I'd love to see how you get on in a foreign country without making any mistakes on the system. No doubt you are obviously perfect and fluent and able to understand the nuances of every ticketing and travel system in the world.
