• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Passed old tests do i now have to sit them all over again

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob12

Member
Joined
21 Aug 2012
Messages
141
I have passed all the old style tests the last one being in august this year so only 3 months ago, My question is if I apply for a driver role ''now'' do all the TOCS now expect you to sit the new tests?

Meaning the 6 months of travelling here there and everywhere and the stress and wondering if you passed between stages was a complete waist of time and money?? Any info I would really appreciate as to go through all that again is something that I really would not be looking forward too
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Joined
20 May 2013
Messages
5,480
Location
London
It depends on the TOC/FOC. Your passes are valid for up to five years, irrespective of which version you sat. It's up to the individual operators to determine how recently you need to have passed to not have to sit the new assessments.
 

Rhaun

Member
Joined
11 Aug 2013
Messages
21
Rob,

My experience is that TOC's and FOC's are going to want you to pass the new ones. I passed the old assessments in July 2013. In November 2013 I was having to do the new assessments. They are going to want to know that you can pass the new standard.
If you have passed the old assessments I am sure that the new ones will not be a problem for you though.
As is stated, you might get lucky and find a TOC/FOC that will accept the old ones, just don't bank on it.

Best of luck

Rhaun
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top