• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Passed everything with Chiltern Railway last year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daly131

Member
Joined
27 Feb 2017
Messages
136
Hi everyone, as the subject says last year I passed everything with Chiltern Railways for the Trainee Train Driver role at Aylesbury, including DMI. My feeback after the DMI was that "although all feedback was positive and you met the required standard you're unsuccessful for the role" (other candidates are more worthy) I appreciate other people suited the role more than I do and that's fair enough. However, I wasn't given the opportunity of waiting in a talent pool. Since I have emailed the recruiter at the time but she has since moved on. Does anybody know anyone from the company I could contact as I noticed they have been recruiting again recently?? Any help would be appreciated. I have been trying for this role for the last 4-5 years and in my time passed two DMI's successfully. Any help appreciated. Many thanks, Danny.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cassy j

Member
Joined
15 Jun 2019
Messages
128
Hi everyone, as the subject says last year I passed everything with Chiltern Railways for the Trainee Train Driver role at Aylesbury, including DMI. My feeback after the DMI was that "although all feedback was positive and you met the required standard you're unsuccessful for the role" (other candidates are more worthy) I appreciate other people suited the role more than I do and that's fair enough. However, I wasn't given the opportunity of waiting in a talent pool. Since I have emailed the recruiter at the time but she has since moved on. Does anybody know anyone from the company I could contact as I noticed they have been recruiting again recently?? Any help would be appreciated. I have been trying for this role for the last 4-5 years and in my time passed two DMI's successfully. Any help appreciated. Many thanks, Danny.
That sounds unfair I think it's because so many people apply they just cherry pick and be very picky at the end of it. who else did you pass the other dmis with?
 

Daly131

Member
Joined
27 Feb 2017
Messages
136
EMR, but they make you sit DMI before you take stage 2 tests. I passed DMI with them but had to resit stage 2 tests as my results were 6 months too old and expired this time around all I had to do was pass the mmi which I did then computer tests again but as luck would have it I failed one of the computer tests! Got an email back just now from someone with Chiltern telling me they are no longer taking applications wait until we are and reapply.
 

Cassy j

Member
Joined
15 Jun 2019
Messages
128
EMR, but they make you sit DMI before you take stage 2 tests. I passed DMI with them but had to resit stage 2 tests as my results were 6 months too old and expired this time around all I had to do was pass the mmi which I did then computer tests again but as luck would have it I failed one of the computer tests! Got an email back just now from someone with Chiltern telling me they are no longer taking applications wait until we are and reapply.
Don't give up keep going. I think the general advice is just get that first driver key wherever you can get it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top