• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Passed all 3 assessment stages. On hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Normy_89

New Member
Joined
6 Mar 2013
Messages
1
Hi, I have recently just gone through the recruitment stages for FCC. I received an email saying I have successfully passed all the assessments and the driver mangers interview. However they have already filled their positions and my application has been put on hold. They go on to say that if they have any more intakes of jobs I will be contacted with a conditional offer of employment. Does anybody have any idea of the chances I have?

So gutted to get this far and be told I have passed everything to then not be offered a job.


Thanks
Mike
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Pedro1985

New Member
Joined
6 Mar 2013
Messages
4
Hello mate, I received the same email yesterday, it's a bit unclear really, I am going to phone them and try get more info.
 

Karmakanik

Member
Joined
5 Mar 2012
Messages
29
Got the same email at the end of May last year :(
Still keep checking emails and phoning but I am "in the talent pool and will be contacted when a position becomes available".
Pretty soul destroying but keep your chins up, you have done the hard part.
I am waiting for a position at Bedford, what about you guys?
 

Polar

Member
Joined
10 Jan 2013
Messages
146
Hi, I have recently just gone through the recruitment stages for FCC. I received an email saying I have successfully passed all the assessments and the driver mangers interview. However they have already filled their positions and my application has been put on hold. They go on to say that if they have any more intakes of jobs I will be contacted with a conditional offer of employment. Does anybody have any idea of the chances I have?

So gutted to get this far and be told I have passed everything to then not be offered a job.


Thanks
Mike



Hello got same email yesterday. Though the first of this years courses starts today as far as I know.
So there was never really any chance of getting on it anyway. Just gota hope to get called up at some point.
Ive already asked for feedback on the assesments and interview as by having this talent pool they are only likely to choose the higest scoring ones for the next course and id rather just know now if I have any chance.
 

Pedro1985

New Member
Joined
6 Mar 2013
Messages
4
I phoned up today and all courses this year are full up, I was told the earliest course I could expect to get on is beginning of next year? I just wanted to know, am I guaranteed to get on a course at some point or not?!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---


Hello got same email yesterday. Though the first of this years courses starts today as far as I know.
So there was never really any chance of getting on it anyway. Just gota hope to get called up at some point.
Ive already asked for feedback on the assesments and interview as by having this talent pool they are only likely to choose the higest scoring ones for the next course and id rather just know now if I have any chance.

It seems like courses begin every 3 months if one starts today, as I was told this year they are in June, September and December.
 

TDK

Established Member
Joined
19 Apr 2008
Messages
4,164
Location
Crewe
I phoned up today and all courses this year are full up, I was told the earliest course I could expect to get on is beginning of next year? I just wanted to know, am I guaranteed to get on a course at some point or not?!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---


It seems like courses begin every 3 months if one starts today, as I was told this year they are in June, September and December.

You are not guaranteed anything I am afraid. This means that they have too many candidates for the advertised posotions so some have to be put on hold. Don't believe all you are told unless it is from the horses mouth, there is just too much of "a mate told me", "someone in the know told me" I have seen this time and time again, the only way you will find out if there are more recruitment drives this year is to ask their HR department.
 

W230

Established Member
Joined
6 Jan 2012
Messages
1,217
It seems like courses begin every 3 months if one starts today, as I was told this year they are in June, September and December.
GN courses - June/December
TL courses - March (next Monday)/September.

I believe there will be eight on each course.
 

387star

On Moderation
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
6,665
Got the same email at the end of May last year :(
Still keep checking emails and phoning but I am "in the talent pool and will be contacted when a position becomes available".
Pretty soul destroying but keep your chins up, you have done the hard part.
I am waiting for a position at Bedford, what about you guys?

wouldn't worry about the essential passes are surely valid for any toc minus the managers which I believe you can take as many times as you want
 

Fcc newbie

Member
Joined
20 Mar 2013
Messages
10
I'll jump on this band wagon thread, as I had the same email too....no doubt we will all be on the same course in 2014!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top