• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Parking at Sandwell & Dudley railway station.

Status
Not open for further replies.

83G/84D

Established Member
Joined
28 Oct 2011
Messages
6,152
Location
Cornwall
I am planning on heading off to North Wales for a few days on the train in July. Rather than parking in Birmingham and catching the train from New Street I was thinking of using the car park at Sandwell & Dudley.

I was wondering if anyone had any experiences, good or bad of parking there.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

All platforms

Established Member
Joined
8 May 2021
Messages
1,212
Location
Warrington
I also use Sandwell & Dudley. Its free, its large and its slightly out of the way of the usual head the balls that an area can generate so fairly safe. It is used overnoght by many judging by just how many cars were in the car park at 5am the other day. Its my go to for the West Midlands essentially, as i am not a fan of paying for the privilege.
 

alan71

Member
Joined
13 Jul 2010
Messages
53
I’d go early if you want to find a space. It starts to empty out from mid afternoon but if you 100% need a space there during the week you’ll be lucky to get a space after 9am if not earlier on a weekday.
The car park is on both sides of the station approach too if you weren’t familiar with the location. Good luck!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top