• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Paddington to Oxford to Woking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belgravia

Member
Joined
25 Nov 2017
Messages
29
Hi, long time lurker here looking for some advice.

Would an off-peak day return London Terminals to Oxford, cover a return journey to Waterloo via Reading and Basingstoke/Guildford?

I’m going to Oxford tomorrow from Paddington, and later want to finish my day in Woking, and I was thinking the above would save me having to buy a separate ticket Fromm Oxford to Woking. WX+RB appears to be a permitted route for London to Oxford on the yellow pages, but just wanted to clarify!

Many thanks for your help.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JB_B

Established Member
Joined
27 Dec 2013
Messages
1,564
I can't see a route traceable on WX+RB that gets you to Woking (via Basingstoke or Guildford).
 

Belgravia

Member
Joined
25 Nov 2017
Messages
29
Returning from Oxford via Reading then to Wokingham direct is fine.

However, I don't think you can go via Basingstoke or Guildford. I can't see any way of tracing a route on WX+RB from Oxford to London Group that goes via Basingstoke or Guildford (without doubling back).

That makes sense looking at it on a map. I think I’ll buy a single from Wokingham to Woking, and make sure I take the route via Guildford!

Thanks for your help.
 

JB_B

Established Member
Joined
27 Dec 2013
Messages
1,564
That makes sense looking at it on a map. I think I’ll buy a single from Wokingham to Woking, and make sure I take the route via Guildford!

Thanks for your help.

I have to admit I'd misread Woking for Wokingham when I first responded (!)
 

MarlowDonkey

Established Member
Joined
4 Apr 2013
Messages
1,883
If you go to National Rail Enquiries and ask for Oxford to Waterloo via either Basingstoke or Guildford, it says two tickets are required.

So Reading to Woking is needed, or from wherever it is you would leave the direct Reading to Waterloo route.

via Basingstoke might be fastest, if you were able to pick up a Cross Country service from Oxford.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top