• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Pacer allocations in the Manchester Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grannyjoans

Member
Joined
29 Mar 2017
Messages
403
The OP asked about which lines is likely to have them on Saturdays in August, when around half of Southport services will run as through services to Leeds.

Southport to Leeds will all be 170's soon.
The only other regular service will be:
Southport to Blackburn. Most likely to be mainly 156's.
Southport will not be a place you would likely find a lot of Pacer activity from the new timetable.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CHAPS2034

Member
Joined
13 Mar 2018
Messages
651
You can still do Piccadilly to Stockport non-stop on a Pacer.

I once did a very fast ride from Piccadilly to Stockport on a Chester train. We arrived at Stockport very early, which resulted in one of the platform staff asking the driver whether he was "on a promise".:p

I once did a 142 Sheffield to Doncaster non stop once, excellent bit of thrash

I did the reverse on a late running stopper; wonderful stuff. We pulled into one of the bays at Sheffield and I was just walking past the cab when the driver emerged. "I bet you enjoyed that" I remarked. He replied "That's the best thing I've done with my clothes on for weeks!" :rolleyes:

Couldn't stop laughing about the whole experience all the way back to Manchester...
 

Shaw S Hunter

Established Member
Joined
21 Apr 2016
Messages
3,497
Location
Over The Hill
Southport to Leeds will all be 170's soon.
The only other regular service will be:
Southport to Blackburn. Most likely to be mainly 156's.
Southport will not be a place you would likely find a lot of Pacer activity from the new timetable.

But this is Northern we are talking about. You just know that last line is going to come back and haunt you! :lol:
 

northwichcat

Veteran Member
Joined
23 Jan 2009
Messages
32,692
Location
Northwich
I once did a very fast ride from Piccadilly to Stockport on a Chester train. We arrived at Stockport very early, which resulted in one of the platform staff asking the driver whether he was "on a promise".:p

Most of the Chester via Altrincham services are timed to arrive at Stockport at 26.5 minutes past and leave at 30 minutes past.
 

Altfish

Member
Joined
16 Oct 2014
Messages
1,065
Location
Altrincham
Most of the Chester via Altrincham services are timed to arrive at Stockport at 26.5 minutes past and leave at 30 minutes past.
But all change after 20th May when most will arrive (IIRC) at about xx50 and leave at xx52
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top