Evening all
A friend of mine plans to travel tomorrow evening from Gidea Park to Chelmsford, and then back Saturday afternoon.
He hold a weekly Zone 3-6 travelcard for work which is loaded onto his Oyster. My question is, can he purchase a Boundary Zone 6 - Chelmsford ticket and use it with his Oyster travelcard? (Can station staff issue a paper ticket of his travelcard to use in its place? I have no idea!)
Technically, it shouldn't make any difference whether the ticket is loaded on paper or Oyster, however I'm aware that after touching in at Gidea Park, there will be nowhere to touch out at the other end. Also if he were to have his ticket checked, I'd doubt the conductor would have an Oyster reader to hand!
All ideas and suggestions are most welcome, all the best.
A friend of mine plans to travel tomorrow evening from Gidea Park to Chelmsford, and then back Saturday afternoon.
He hold a weekly Zone 3-6 travelcard for work which is loaded onto his Oyster. My question is, can he purchase a Boundary Zone 6 - Chelmsford ticket and use it with his Oyster travelcard? (Can station staff issue a paper ticket of his travelcard to use in its place? I have no idea!)
Technically, it shouldn't make any difference whether the ticket is loaded on paper or Oyster, however I'm aware that after touching in at Gidea Park, there will be nowhere to touch out at the other end. Also if he were to have his ticket checked, I'd doubt the conductor would have an Oyster reader to hand!
All ideas and suggestions are most welcome, all the best.