• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Oyster season ticket discount

Status
Not open for further replies.

VauxhallandI

Established Member
Joined
26 Dec 2012
Messages
2,749
Location
Cheshunt
After advice in another thread I have registered my Oyster card and my contact less bank card.

I noticed on the oyster that it says "There are no season tickets on this card"

Now that is technically true as it is just a PAYG, I double checked with ticket office and they confirmed that my discount is loaded.

The question is where can I see this on my on line account, I cannot find it.

Thanks in advance.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,465
What do you mean by "Oyster season ticket discount"? Do you mean a Gold Card discount for annual season holders?
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,465
Just looking at my Oyster online account, I don't think you can.

You may need to check on a ticket machine or get ticket office staff to print you a usage statement which would indicate the discount, if any. I normally do this immediately after loading a discount to confirm that it has been done correctly.
 

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
7 Aug 2005
Messages
21,190
Location
0035
You can't see it online. lt isn't visible on the ticket machines either, except in the staff function view. lt will however appear on the full printout from the ticket office.
 

VauxhallandI

Established Member
Joined
26 Dec 2012
Messages
2,749
Location
Cheshunt
You can't see it online. lt isn't visible on the ticket machines either, except in the staff function view. lt will however appear on the full printout from the ticket office.

Ok thanks all, it would seem it is another "feature" of a system.
 

bluegoblin7

Established Member
Joined
10 May 2011
Messages
2,159
Location
JB
You can't see it online. lt isn't visible on the ticket machines either, except in the staff function view. lt will however appear on the full printout from the ticket office.

Most registered discounts now appear on the top left corner, alongside whether the card is registered or not. Useful if you want to do a quick check of someone's Oyster without logging into CSID!

That said, I don't know what would appear for a Gold Card discount; I've only had it with various NR railcards so far.
 

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Joined
20 May 2013
Messages
5,464
Location
London
Most registered discounts now appear on the top left corner, alongside whether the card is registered or not. Useful if you want to do a quick check of someone's Oyster without logging into CSID!

That said, I don't know what would appear for a Gold Card discount; I've only had it with various NR railcards so far.

Probably NR Railcard, as the only one that uses a different discount type is the Disabled Railcard...at least on FasTIS!
 

bluegoblin7

Established Member
Joined
10 May 2011
Messages
2,159
Location
JB
Probably NR Railcard, as the only one that uses a different discount type is the Disabled Railcard...at least on FasTIS!

That is what I thought - certainly on the staff screens on the POMs we'd add a Gold Card as an NR Railcard, so it makes sense that it should also show up as that.

As I say, though, I've not encountered one, nor have I been asked to add one, so didn't want to risk giving any incorrect information. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top