• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Oyster route around London Sat 23 April

Status
Not open for further replies.

John @ home

Established Member
Joined
1 Mar 2008
Messages
5,148
It's all explained at the top of the page you linked to, these journeys are both entirely green routes.
Thanks, Mike. It's even more complex for Imperial Wharf - St Pancras where the actual journey I suggested is on both green and red routes, but the computer assumes a shorter green-only route.
The only caveat is what happens if there is any disruption. If the maximum journey time is exceeded then two unresolved journey charges will be made.
Strongly agreed - this should not be attempted without a back-up plan.

In order to learn more about Oyster PAYG, a task I'm setting myself for the South London Challenge on 7 May is to design a route which keeps me travelling for six and a half hours but costs less than the £8 One Day Travelcard. Probably not a strategy for winning!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
15 Jun 2010
Messages
8,583
Location
Crayford
Thanks, Mike. It's even more complex for Imperial Wharf - St Pancras where the actual journey I suggested is on both green and red routes, but the computer assumes a shorter green-only route.
Remembering that you are trying to fool the system into charging you for shorter journeys than you are making. The Oyster system has rigid ideas about which is the most likely route and it's not possible to override that unless alternative fares have been programmed. The alternative fares will usually require additional or different touches.
In order to learn more about Oyster PAYG, a task I'm setting myself for the South London Challenge on 7 May is to design a route which keeps me travelling for six and a half hours but costs less than the £8 One Day Travelcard. Probably not a strategy for winning!
I'll look forward to hearing how that goes. I still haven't decided whether I'm coming yet. It largely depends on how important the last match of the season is. That's the one which should have been on Sunday until Sky decided to tell the League to move the entire last day programme. Unfortunately my team is doing it's best to ensure that the last match will be crucial.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top