• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Oyster online PAYG collection now on buses

Status
Not open for further replies.

bicbasher

Established Member
Joined
14 May 2010
Messages
1,839
Location
London
It appears TfL have enabled PAYG top-up orders from the website on buses using 2nd gen Oyster cards as I was able to collect my PAYG that I was planning to collect from the station tomorrow on a local bus.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Feathers44

Member
Joined
12 Aug 2014
Messages
378
Now that will be useful, particularly for my eldest who uses bus more than train at the moment. Fortunately the station isn’t too far from the bus stop for topping up purposes.

Edit: interesting. There’s nothing showing on the TfL website about this so if it’s been introduced then it hasn’t been publically launched yet. I wonder if @MikeWh has any information on this.
 
Last edited:

bicbasher

Established Member
Joined
14 May 2010
Messages
1,839
Location
London
Edit: interesting. There’s nothing showing on the TfL website about this so if it’s been introduced then it hasn’t been publically launched yet. I wonder if @MikeWh has any information on this.

I tried to post on @MikeWh's site to let him know, but the captcha service isn't working for me. I topped up at 11.30am, got on the bus at 2.15 and got the flashing green light on the Oyster reader which was a surprise, followed by an email acknowledgment.
 

Feathers44

Member
Joined
12 Aug 2014
Messages
378
I tried to post on @MikeWh's site to let him know, but the captcha service isn't working for me. I topped up at 11.30am, got on the bus at 2.15 and got the flashing green light on the Oyster reader which was a surprise, followed by an email acknowledgment.
Yes, sorry. I didn’t mean to come across as if I didn’t believe you.
 

bicbasher

Established Member
Joined
14 May 2010
Messages
1,839
Location
London
Yes, sorry. I didn’t mean to come across as if I didn’t believe you.

That didn't come over at all. I'm as surprised as you that it happened without any announcement. They may be trialing it with certain card holders etc?
 

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
15 Jun 2010
Messages
8,579
Location
Crayford
Sorry about the captcha issues. I'm not aware of any myself (it always lets me login when I need to) but that's not to say that there aren't. The good news is that I am about to replace it with a much better system.

As for bus pickup, I'm not aware that it's been rolled out, but they may be silently testing it in advance of an announcement. I'll try and find out over the weekend.
 

bicbasher

Established Member
Joined
14 May 2010
Messages
1,839
Location
London
Well it wasn't a one-off, I was able to collect PAYG on a bus again today.

@MikeWh Still having Captcha issues despite you changing. All I'm getting is a Captcha error when submitting instead of ticking a box. No Adblocker being used either on your site.
 

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
15 Jun 2010
Messages
8,579
Location
Crayford
Yes, my son picked up on a bus too. As for my site, can you PM me with details of what happens, please?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top