• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Oyster daily caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

mister_D

Member
Joined
18 Aug 2010
Messages
6
Hi all

I have been investigating the best ways to get around but came upon a doubt.

The oyster cap for bus is £3.90. The cap for tube travel on Sunday is I believe £6.30.

What about if I travel in both? Is the cap £6.30 or £6.30 + £3.90 = £10.20?

Thanks in advance!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mathmo

Member
Joined
28 Nov 2008
Messages
338
The tube cap depends on the zones you travel through. See http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/14416.aspx . For example, Zones 1-2 is £5.60 and Zones 1-4 is £6.30 (off-peak, which is all day at weekends). I'm sure these caps include bus travel, though I can't see that explicitly stated. It wouldn't make any sense otherwise because the Tube cap is the same as the Day Travelcard price for those zones! So if you're using buses in any zone and Tube in Z1-4 then the cap will be £6.30.
 

londonbridge

Established Member
Joined
30 Jun 2010
Messages
1,896
Yes,they do include bus travel. If I get a bus from Wallington to Croydon and get the train to,say,Victoria or London Bridge,and then make a return journey later in the day it caps at £7.50 (zones 1-5). If I get the bus and only go to Clapham Junction or go directly from Croydon to Shepherds Bush it caps at £5.10 (zones 2-5) because I haven't gone into zone 1.
 

John @ home

Established Member
Joined
1 Mar 2008
Messages
5,148
The oyster cap for bus is £3.90.
£3.90 is the daily cap for all travel on buses and/or trams.
The cap for tube travel on Sunday is I believe £6.30.
£6.30 is the cap for off-peak travel by train, tube, Docklands Light Railway, bus and/or tram in zones 1-4. Other off-peak daily caps are:
Zones 1-2: £5.60
Zones 1-6: £7.50
Zones 2-6: £5.10

Sunday is off-peak all day.
What about if I travel in both? Is the cap £6.30 or £6.30 + £3.90 = £10.20?
If you travel in rail and tube zones 1-4 and by any DLR, tram or bus, then the cap will be £6.30.

Much more info at MikeWh's excellent site www.oyster-rail.org.uk.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top