• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Oyster card with odd pence credit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ess

Member
Joined
9 Feb 2010
Messages
573
How does an Oyster card end up with £2.06 of PAYG credit?
How can it be topped up to a round 10 pence figure?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DEE-DE

Member
Joined
25 Oct 2014
Messages
128
Did you use it on a boat? I paid £6.12 with my Oyster card last Sunday.
 

Romilly

Established Member
Joined
5 Nov 2013
Messages
1,712
When I top up my Oyster card at a Southeastern ticket machine, I can specify the precise amount of my top-up in pounds and pence.
 

nicobobinus

Member
Joined
16 Oct 2011
Messages
134
Location
NE London
If I take my Oyster to a newsagent I sometimes buy a couple of items with a tenner and ask the shopkeeper to put the change on the card. Don't think my payg account total has been a rounded number for years.
 

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
15 Jun 2010
Messages
8,583
Location
Crayford
When I top up my Oyster card at a Southeastern ticket machine, I can specify the precise amount of my top-up in pounds and pence.

Except that when you get to the last figure, only the 0 and 5 are highlighted,
 

Seung205

Member
Joined
26 Jan 2015
Messages
7
I took a River boat journey for £6.12 my new balance is 8p.

A lot of river journeys take off odd amounts.
 
Last edited:

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
7 Aug 2005
Messages
21,194
Location
0035
A number of years ago I was sent a PAYG card by post, that came with 1p credit.
This is how I ended up with the odd 1p on my card. When they were giving out free Oyster cards without a deposit they had a nominal 1p credit, I believe due to system limitations in activating the cards.
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,470
RTV top-ups can also leave you with odd pence. Mine has 2p/7p at the end for that reason.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top