Old Timer
Established Member
I am travelling daily at the moment between Birmingham and Central London and buy a combined season, however, passing through the various barriers, together with the flimsyness of the card ticket means that over time, the print rubs out.....weekly in my case !
I am thinking of just getting a mainline season ticket and then buying a separate travel card to stop having to change the season on a frequent basis.
Oyster boasts of being cheaper but there is no guidance when it comes to comparing it to a travelcard unless I have missed something.
So the question, which is not addressed at all on the TfL site is this....Is it cheaper to buy a Zone 1 travelcard (monthly, say) or an Oyster Card ?
All journeys are peak journeys in general.
Thoughts and advice greatly appreciated.
I am thinking of just getting a mainline season ticket and then buying a separate travel card to stop having to change the season on a frequent basis.
Oyster boasts of being cheaper but there is no guidance when it comes to comparing it to a travelcard unless I have missed something.
So the question, which is not addressed at all on the TfL site is this....Is it cheaper to buy a Zone 1 travelcard (monthly, say) or an Oyster Card ?
All journeys are peak journeys in general.
Thoughts and advice greatly appreciated.