• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Oyster Card: I've not used it for over two years

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterY

Established Member
Joined
2 Apr 2013
Messages
1,363
This Saturday I intend to use my Oyster Card. I've not used it since the pandemic started. There's only about £4 on it.

Will it still work?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Roger1973

Member
Joined
5 Jul 2020
Messages
859
Location
Berkshire
I've not seen anything to suggest that credit on an Oyster Card disappears after any amount of time. I have one registered to me that I left at my mother's house, so she could either lend it to visitors staying with her, or use it if her concession pass got lost or damaged - it hadn't been used for longer than that and it kept its credit.

Alternatively, if you'd rather cash it in and use contactless in future, the TFL page about getting a refund for a card that's no longer wanted is here.
 

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
27 Apr 2011
Messages
18,153
Yes, it will still work.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top