I'm off to London next week, and have an Oyster but haven't actually loaded my railcard onto it yet. How long should this take to do at the station?
TIA.
I'm off to London next week, and have an Oyster but haven't actually loaded my railcard onto it yet. How long should this take to do at the station?
TIA.
I've had a YP railcard added to my Oyster card at the ticket office nearest St Pancras and not had any issues, so I assume at the one nearest Kings Cross you shouldn't have any either.

As long as you get someone who knows what they are doing, about 30 seconds. Take it to a tube station rather than NR. The instructions in this post might help if you have difficulty (changing gold card to yp card of course).
The instructions are identical other than changing Gold to YP, however certain ticket offices insist that the card be registered beforehand - (officially it's supposed to be, but physically it's not necessary).
Don't know about the LU TOMs, but FasTIS+ (which is basically an extended version of same for NR ticketing) won't let you add a discount to an unregistered Oyster.
Having said that, all you need to do is enter a "Photocard" number (which should be the Railcard number) and password. The "Off Card" details aren't necessary.
Cheers,
Barry
Having said that, all you need to do is enter a "Photocard" number (which should be the Railcard number) and password. The "Off Card" details aren't necessary.