HSTEd
Veteran Member
- Joined
- 14 Jul 2011
- Messages
- 20,380
Damn, someone must have leaked the plans for the Scilly Isles link! 
You will have a job running a train to Dunstable as the stretch (trackbed) is now a guided busway
You will need a complete new cutting
I'm well aware of that mistake. Rip the stupid thing up and do what they should have done in the first ruddy place!
The money that was spent on the Busway should have been spent on improving the middle of Luton TOWN centre. I don't know why anybody would want to go Dunstable as it is non destination. Yes come the other way but there was already an adequate bus service in the area. Perhaps the Luton councillors should look at the car parking in the central car park. It took us 40 mins yesterday to get out of the car park and get out of the centre of Luton. A journey that should have taken at the most 15 mins. As for Luton's bid to become a city what a joke first demolish the whole of the town centre including the Station then start from scratch.
It's already known as 'the only ex mill-town in the south, so now they want it to be the only ex mill-city in the south?![]()
The money that was spent on the Busway should have been spent on improving the middle of Luton TOWN centre. I don't know why anybody would want to go Dunstable as it is non destination. Yes come the other way but there was already an adequate bus service in the area
Why would they want to do that for when the current system works fine, I mean why would someone who travels from LST to Stansted Airport today any the many years in the past decide to go by EC from KX and change at SVG when any new route is available
I was meaning passengers travelling south from Yorkshire, Northeast & Edinburgh can change at Stevenage, not those coming from London. Especially if the frequency/journey time is better than changing at Peterborough onto the current hourly XC service.
Though I see recently in Rail a Leeds-Peterborough-Cambridge-Stansted service has been mentioned as a possibility for the future ECML franchise (which adds an extra service north of Peterborough but doesn't require a path through Welwyn)
I would have thought the demand for Stansted from the northern areas you mention would be fairly minimal , many if not most will opt to use Airports closer to home
I would have thought the demand for Stansted from the northern areas you mention would be fairly minimal , many if not most will opt to use Airports closer to home
To say it is a non destination and already had an adequate bus service is absurd. Buses from Houghton Regis and Dunstable took nearly an hour to get to Luton, now they take 10-15 minutes making working in London practical.
Also the combined population of Dunstable and Houghton Regis is over 50,000 hardly insignificant.
The busway is also going to be used for the new growth area north of Luton and Houghton Regis.