• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Overnight journey via London Victoria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quincy

Member
Joined
16 Mar 2022
Messages
56
Location
Bristol
Two questions regarding Victoria overnight, what time is it shut and is there any bit of it that’s open at night? Next year I’m going to have to wait from around 23:45 till 02:30 and don’t really fancy waiting in the rain!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Joined
29 May 2011
Messages
23,403
Two questions regarding Victoria overnight, what time is it shut and is there any bit of it that’s open at night? Next year I’m going to have to wait from around 23:45 till 02:30 and don’t really fancy waiting in the rain!
The canopy at the front of the station provides some shelter, but the station itself will be locked up and cleared before 0100. On weekday nights the last Southern departure is at 0015 and the last Southeastern departure is at 0040.

This post - https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/overnight-access-at-london-victoria.294610/page-2#post-7566957 - says it shuts after departure of the last Southeastern train.

Why, in broad terms, do you need to wait from 2345 to 0230? Alternatives include going on a bus ride, travelling earlier or using other transport.
 
Last edited:

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Jan 2009
Messages
17,314
Two questions regarding Victoria overnight, what time is it shut and is there any bit of it that’s open at night? Next year I’m going to have to wait from around 23:45 till 02:30 and don’t really fancy waiting in the rain!
What time's your onward train departure from London Victoria?
 

gray1404

Established Member
Joined
3 Mar 2014
Messages
7,660
Location
Merseyside
I would suggest that you walk up to London Victoria Coach Station and take a seat there for a couple of hours at that time of the night.
 

Quincy

Member
Joined
16 Mar 2022
Messages
56
Location
Bristol
The canopy at the front of the station provides some shelter, but the station itself will be locked up and cleared before 0100. On weekday nights the last Southern departure is at 0015 and the last Southeastern departure is at 0040.

This post - https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/overnight-access-at-london-victoria.294610/page-2#post-7566957 - says it shuts after departure of the last Southeastern train.

Why, in broad terms, do you need to wait from 2345 to 0230? Alternatives include going on a bus ride, travelling earlier or using other transport.
I’ve got an event that would lead me to arrive at Victoria (rail) around 2345 and my coach isn’t until 0230. From previous experiences at Victoria the station seems much nicer then the coach station/ outside area so I was planning on waiting there, but if it’s shut I will probably just wait at the coach station
 

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Joined
29 May 2011
Messages
23,403
I’ve got an event that would lead me to arrive at Victoria (rail) around 2345 and my coach isn’t until 0230. From previous experiences at Victoria the station seems much nicer then the coach station/ outside area so I was planning on waiting there, but if it’s shut I will probably just wait at the coach station
The coach station has a regular flow of people to Luton Airport through the night. They have been putting security on the door in more recent times, and asking to see tickets.
 

Statto

Established Member
Joined
8 Feb 2011
Messages
4,108
Location
At home or at the pub
I'd plan a couple of night bus rides instead, if i had that long to wait at Victoria, i'd go to Ealing Broadway & catch the N11 night bus, the N11 stops outside Victoria coach station, & they're every 30 minutes with first bus 00.05 & take 55 to 65 minutes depending on day of the week it is.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top