phoenix1589
Member
I can make a journey on Southeastern into Charing Cross, paying with Oyster card at a national rail only fare.
The other weekend, Charing cross was closed due to planned engineering works, with trains terminating at Cannon St. Southeastern website advertise "You may use your ticket on London Underground services at no extra cost" but my Oyster card journey to Cannon St NR and then tube to Embankment but was charged extra for a NR + tube journey rather than NR only.
Southeastern customer service are saying "we don't compensation for engineering works"(not that I claimed delay repay, I wasn't delayed). I even checked in advance via Twitter who said I could claim via their online contact form, but even evidencing this hasn't helped.
I don't know if Southeastern or TfL (as I paid with Oyster) are responsible for the refund. With a paper ticket I'm sure I would have been waved through by underground staff but don't know if the gate line should have been reprogrammed to charge NR only fare making it TfL's 'fault'.
Before I carry on battling the illogical southeastern customer service team, does anyone know who should be responsible for the refund?
Cheers.
The other weekend, Charing cross was closed due to planned engineering works, with trains terminating at Cannon St. Southeastern website advertise "You may use your ticket on London Underground services at no extra cost" but my Oyster card journey to Cannon St NR and then tube to Embankment but was charged extra for a NR + tube journey rather than NR only.
Southeastern customer service are saying "we don't compensation for engineering works"(not that I claimed delay repay, I wasn't delayed). I even checked in advance via Twitter who said I could claim via their online contact form, but even evidencing this hasn't helped.
I don't know if Southeastern or TfL (as I paid with Oyster) are responsible for the refund. With a paper ticket I'm sure I would have been waved through by underground staff but don't know if the gate line should have been reprogrammed to charge NR only fare making it TfL's 'fault'.
Before I carry on battling the illogical southeastern customer service team, does anyone know who should be responsible for the refund?
Cheers.