At Broadstairs, Faversham and Sittingbourne stations at least, there are posters in displays just outside the station buildings with bus information dating from 2010 at the earliest, which are now hugely out of date and now belong in a museum. It seems rather typical of our unintegrated public transport system.
Last year, I emailed both KCC and Southeastern about either updating or removing these highly misleading posters. Though removing them is the more realistic option, as there seems to be absolutely no will in Kent to promote bus services anymore. KCC say it’s a Southeastern responsibly but Southeastern say it’s a KCC responsibility. It seems no one knows who is responsible for these. In my view, it’s better to have no information rather than misleading information. They contain routes and numbers which no longer exist.
These posters still exist (Faversham at least last week, and Broadstairs today). I’m not sure why it is so difficult to get someone to remove them. It would take about 30 seconds.
Aside from removing them myself by buying a special key to open these displays (which I certainly wouldn’t do), what else could I about having these removed or updated?
Last year, I emailed both KCC and Southeastern about either updating or removing these highly misleading posters. Though removing them is the more realistic option, as there seems to be absolutely no will in Kent to promote bus services anymore. KCC say it’s a Southeastern responsibly but Southeastern say it’s a KCC responsibility. It seems no one knows who is responsible for these. In my view, it’s better to have no information rather than misleading information. They contain routes and numbers which no longer exist.
These posters still exist (Faversham at least last week, and Broadstairs today). I’m not sure why it is so difficult to get someone to remove them. It would take about 30 seconds.
Aside from removing them myself by buying a special key to open these displays (which I certainly wouldn’t do), what else could I about having these removed or updated?
Last edited: