• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Out of Court Settlement

Status
Not open for further replies.

har

Member
Joined
30 Aug 2024
Messages
11
Location
london
Hello,

Sorry it may be very obvious
But I received an out of court settlement for fair evasion, paid straight away and southeastern have confirmed they have received payment but that the case will be dropped on the court date

Does this still mean I have to show up?

Thanks in advance, apologies if it’s a silly question
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WesternLancer

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Apr 2019
Messages
15,313
Hello,

Sorry it may be very obvious
But I received an out of court settlement for fair evasion, paid straight away and southeastern have confirmed they have received payment but that the case will be dropped on the court date

Does this still mean I have to show up?

Thanks in advance, apologies if it’s a silly question
You may wish to check with the court that Southeastern have dropped the case (just in terms of making sure that there has been no admin or communications breakdown).

You should keep your proof of payment and confirmation the case will be dropped long term - ie over a year - in case you need it.
 

xtsarahx

Member
Joined
24 Jan 2025
Messages
6
Location
london
Hello,

Sorry it may be very obvious
But I received an out of court settlement for fair evasion, paid straight away and southeastern have confirmed they have received payment but that the case will be dropped on the court date

Does this still mean I have to show up?

Thanks in advance, apologies if it’s a silly question
Hi, do you mind sharing how you managed to argue your way out? I have just been stopped using my Partner's 60+ freedom pass card, which I used a few times before. I haven't received the letter yet but I want to know what is the common outcome? Does it lead to court and prosecution usually? So I don't end up paying +£1000 to solicitors ...
 

ikcdab

Member
Joined
3 Feb 2012
Messages
474
Location
Cogload Junction
Hi, do you mind sharing how you managed to argue your way out? I have just been stopped using my Partner's 60+ freedom pass card, which I used a few times before. I haven't received the letter yet but I want to know what is the common outcome? Does it lead to court and prosecution usually? So I don't end up paying +£1000 to solicitors ...
You are best off starting your own thread where you can give full details of your case so that you can get the best advice.
 

tixy

Member
Joined
5 Sep 2014
Messages
108
Hi, do you mind sharing how you managed to argue your way out? I have just been stopped using my Partner's 60+ freedom pass card, which I used a few times before. I haven't received the letter yet but I want to know what is the common outcome? Does it lead to court and prosecution usually? So I don't end up paying +£1000 to solicitors ...
The problem is that all train operating companies are different in the way they manage prosecutions, as are the various offences you can be prosecuted for.

From what you say about the freedom pass, it looks like TFL have stopped you. They work differently to Southeastern.

I would advise simply starting a thread of your own, where full attention can be given you your case, without confusion with the OP.
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,473
Location
Yorkshire
Hi, do you mind sharing how you managed to argue your way out? I have just been stopped using my Partner's 60+ freedom pass card, which I used a few times before. I haven't received the letter yet but I want to know what is the common outcome? Does it lead to court and prosecution usually? So I don't end up paying +£1000 to solicitors ...
As others have said, you need to create your own thread.

This thread is exclusively for @har's issue

Thanks.

(If anyone sees anything like this happen in future, please use the report button; thanks!)
 

Manak

Verified Rep
Joined
4 Sep 2024
Messages
42
Location
Orpington
Hello,

Sorry it may be very obvious
But I received an out of court settlement for fair evasion, paid straight away and southeastern have confirmed they have received payment but that the case will be dropped on the court date

Does this still mean I have to show up?

Thanks in advance, apologies if it’s a silly question
No you do not need to attend. It will be done in your absence.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top