advice_wanted
Member
Hi,
I recently received a penalty fare (completely my fault, I am used to just using my smart card for travel as I hold a season ticket for my usual journey and didn’t buy a valid ticket at the station I was travelling from as I was running late). This I don’t find as it was entirely fault but they have issued me a pre-court settlement notice for £110 + the full fare with no way to have this reduced with prompt payment. From looking online this seems very steep, how do I appeal this amount?
I recently received a penalty fare (completely my fault, I am used to just using my smart card for travel as I hold a season ticket for my usual journey and didn’t buy a valid ticket at the station I was travelling from as I was running late). This I don’t find as it was entirely fault but they have issued me a pre-court settlement notice for £110 + the full fare with no way to have this reduced with prompt payment. From looking online this seems very steep, how do I appeal this amount?