Rail UK,
I want to talk to you a little bit, (well a lot) about a subject I am so passionate about. That being Organ, Blood and Bone Marrow Donations.
3 people die every day in the UK who could have been saved by an organ donation. I don't see that after I die the use I can have for my organs, so I spent around 90 seconds signing up to the organ register, online.
I get a card to slip into my wallet so god forbid I had an accident, and I died, then the NHS can save up to 9 other people with my corneas, lungs, heart, kidneys, pancreas and liver. I can make someone live, when I have died. Find out more
Blood donation is so simple, you can do it once every 4 months, at loads of places, from village halls to supermarket car parks. You do need to be 17 though.
Find your nearest donation centre I know that some of you might not like needles, but a tiny prick (Not me, the needle
) can save someone so much more pain, I know, as someone's kind donation saved my life when I was 3 days old.
Bone Marrow protects your immune system, which stops you from having infections. If your immune system is bad, you could need a donation of bone marrow. It is so hard to find bone marrow donors, you dont have be dead, you just go in, they take your bone marrow, they extract it from a needle in your back, and you can go home the same day. You could have improved and saved the life of many people!
I urge you to consider signing up to the registers, and saving lives. With blood and bone marrow, you are a living donor.
Organ Donation ~ Find out more
Organ Donation ~ Online Sign-Up (Takes about a minute)
Bone Marrow Donation ~ Find out more
Giving Blood ~ Find out more
I want to talk to you a little bit, (well a lot) about a subject I am so passionate about. That being Organ, Blood and Bone Marrow Donations.
3 people die every day in the UK who could have been saved by an organ donation. I don't see that after I die the use I can have for my organs, so I spent around 90 seconds signing up to the organ register, online.
I get a card to slip into my wallet so god forbid I had an accident, and I died, then the NHS can save up to 9 other people with my corneas, lungs, heart, kidneys, pancreas and liver. I can make someone live, when I have died. Find out more
Blood donation is so simple, you can do it once every 4 months, at loads of places, from village halls to supermarket car parks. You do need to be 17 though.
Bone Marrow protects your immune system, which stops you from having infections. If your immune system is bad, you could need a donation of bone marrow. It is so hard to find bone marrow donors, you dont have be dead, you just go in, they take your bone marrow, they extract it from a needle in your back, and you can go home the same day. You could have improved and saved the life of many people!
I urge you to consider signing up to the registers, and saving lives. With blood and bone marrow, you are a living donor.
Organ Donation ~ Find out more
Organ Donation ~ Online Sign-Up (Takes about a minute)
Bone Marrow Donation ~ Find out more
Giving Blood ~ Find out more
Last edited:
