• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Optimal ticketing - Basingstoke to Hilsea with pub visits on route

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
29 Oct 2017
Messages
11
I'm planning a Saturday day out visiting various pubs in Botley, Fareham & Hilsea from Basingstoke returning from Fratton. Four adults travelling.
Unfortunately I can't do it going to Fratton and using Break of Journey due to opening times of the venues at the Fratton end.
My thought was a Basingstoke to Botley Groupsave, then Groupsave singles between subsequent stops. Any better suggestions?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alistairlees

Established Member
Joined
29 Dec 2016
Messages
4,420
Unfortunately I can't do it going to Fratton and using Break of Journey due to opening times of the venues at the Fratton end.
I don't really understand this. What do you mean? What do you want to do on the day (disregarding rail tickets)?

(Edit: bolded the correct section of text!)
 
Last edited:

30907

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Sep 2012
Messages
21,991
Location
Airedale
BoJ is permitted out and back in this (and most) cases, so I can't see a problem unless you want to visit the pubs in a different sequence to that which you have stated.
 

Haywain

Veteran Member
Joined
3 Feb 2013
Messages
24,844
I don't really understand this. What do you mean? What do you want to do on the day (disregarding rail tickets)?
I think the OP wants to visit some pubs on the way to (or from) a football match.
 
Joined
29 Oct 2017
Messages
11
BoJ is permitted out and back in this (and most) cases, so I can't see a problem unless you want to visit the pubs in a different sequence to that which you have stated.
I thought BOJ was restricted to the return leg, if it is allowed then a Basingstoke - Fratton return would be the simplest solution. Going on a non match day to avoid the crowds.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top