Recently, I have further refined my favourite Travelcard/Boundary Zone ticket combination for travelling into London Victoria from Gatwick Airport, but this leaves me with a niggling validity issue. I'd be interested in the opinions of others.
I'm using a full price Off Peak Day Return Gatwick Airport to Boundary Zone 6 ticket along with an Annual Gold Card discounted Travelcard from a random London station (Finsbury Park is my current choice).
So I start my journey before 09:30, knowing that my Travelcard is not valid until 09:30. But that's OK, because as long as the train doesn't enter Zone 6 before 09:30, I'm alright. But since there isn't a convenient dotted black line on the ground (as there is on the map) how do I know the precise moment I enter Zone 6? And, more to the point, what measurement criteria would be used by an RPI to determine whether I was in Zone 6 before 09:30?
The Gatwick Airport departures in question are the 09:20 Gatwick Express, and the 09:23 and 09:27 Southern services - all to Victoria.
Without diving into realtimetrains, the 09:27 is clearly OK, the 09:23 is probably OK and the 09:20 feels questionable.
But if it came to the crunch of a debate about the validity with an RPI, how would I convince them my ticket combination is OK for the 09:20?
I'm using a full price Off Peak Day Return Gatwick Airport to Boundary Zone 6 ticket along with an Annual Gold Card discounted Travelcard from a random London station (Finsbury Park is my current choice).
So I start my journey before 09:30, knowing that my Travelcard is not valid until 09:30. But that's OK, because as long as the train doesn't enter Zone 6 before 09:30, I'm alright. But since there isn't a convenient dotted black line on the ground (as there is on the map) how do I know the precise moment I enter Zone 6? And, more to the point, what measurement criteria would be used by an RPI to determine whether I was in Zone 6 before 09:30?
The Gatwick Airport departures in question are the 09:20 Gatwick Express, and the 09:23 and 09:27 Southern services - all to Victoria.
Without diving into realtimetrains, the 09:27 is clearly OK, the 09:23 is probably OK and the 09:20 feels questionable.
But if it came to the crunch of a debate about the validity with an RPI, how would I convince them my ticket combination is OK for the 09:20?