• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Operative pre employment medical

Status
Not open for further replies.

slh1992

Member
Joined
6 Jan 2017
Messages
6
Does anybody know what to expect from a pre employment medical.

Im not the fittest of blokes and i do enjoy a drink at the weekend so would this have an impact if were to get offered a job.

T.i.a
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

district

Member
Joined
4 Aug 2011
Messages
1,116
Location
SE16
What role are you going for?

My medical checked my eyesight, hearing, colour blindness, BMI (told I could lose some weight but my understanding as long as you are healthy they aren't too worried about this), agility (had to do some exercises to prove I could move around) and then had a drugs & alcohol urine test.

As long as you don't drink the night before your medical you should be fine.
 

slh1992

Member
Joined
6 Jan 2017
Messages
6
Im going for an operative role. The agility will be a fun 1 lol. I'll get told to lose weight but I expect that. Was wondering more if I had to fully give up the weekend pint

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
 

alxndr

Established Member
Joined
3 Apr 2015
Messages
1,694
All the medicals I've had have involved:

Questionnaire about medical history
Height/weight
Blood pressure
Breathalyser
Urine sample for drug testing
Eyesight (near and far)
Colour blindness testing
Hearing test

Can't recall having ever done an agility test, and I've had them done at 3 different centres, but that could possibly be dependant on BMI as I'm a bit of a weed (first place had to guess as their chart didn't go that small!)

You'll find out the results of all bar the drug test on the day, and with that it's a case of no news is good news. As long as you don't turn up with alcohol in your system you'll be okay. I know plenty of people who drink on their days off (although that's not necessarily the weekend!)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top