No-one has answered the question as to *why* they want this information.
How does it help you?
Why is it important to you?
What can you improve about the situation if you know?
This is like a comedy.
Passengers - not I - say they would find an honest, plain English delay reason valuable. When passengers feel informed they feel cared about, and less anxious. That's why you give them information in the first place, and that's why when a train has been cancelled due to a signalling problem, you tell them that instead of just "Sorry, your train is cancelled. Next one is in half an hour". You give passengers all the information you have, because it's courteous, and because it helps passengers feel less irritated and less negative about your company's service. I want YOU to have the power to tell people the basic nature of an incident to assist with that, and that's power you don't currently have.
It is literally unbelievable I have to explain this principle to someone who says they're front line station staff.