• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

OO gauge, mark 1, intercity livery buffet car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masbroughlad

Established Member
Joined
2 Mar 2011
Messages
1,847
Location
Midlands
Has any manufacturer ever made an OO gauge, mark 1 buffet (or restaurant) car in InterCity (Executive or swallow) livery?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
15 Apr 2016
Messages
18,940
Location
Devon
The one linked by eastdyke is a Replica Railways model and is quite old now hence the chunky tension lock couplings (and plastic wheels maybe?)
Still a good model though.
Bachmann have produced one too...
C3C214F0-E1BF-44DD-92C0-5060709B93EE.jpeg

Not got time myself but there may be some on eBay?
 
Last edited:

eastdyke

Established Member
Joined
25 Jan 2010
Messages
2,058
Location
East Midlands
The one linked by eastdyke is a Replica Railways model and is quite old now hence the chunky tension lock couplings (and plastic wheels maybe?)
Still a good model though.
Not sure about that.
This is the Replica model (circa 1986), which I believe to have been a re-use of the earlier Mainline tooling:
http://www.hattons.co.uk/193202/Rep...ey_E1868_Pre_owned_imperfect/StockDetail.aspx
I have a Hornby example, it has metal wheels although as it came to me secondhand they could have been fitted by a previous owner. The Hornby model was in their catalogues for 2001/2/3.
 

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
15 Apr 2016
Messages
18,940
Location
Devon
Not sure about that.
This is the Replica model (circa 1986), which I believe to have been a re-use of the earlier Mainline tooling:
http://www.hattons.co.uk/193202/Rep...ey_E1868_Pre_owned_imperfect/StockDetail.aspx
I have a Hornby example, it has metal wheels although as it came to me secondhand they could have been fitted by a previous owner. The Hornby model was in their catalogues for 2001/2/3.
I think I might still have a Replica mk1 buffet in blue and grey kicking around somewhere. I put metal wheeled Lima bogies on it (with spacers to make it run at the right height).
It’s a nicely detailed model considering how old it is.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top