• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Omega like clamps on bullhead rail

Status
Not open for further replies.

45378

Member
Joined
16 Dec 2008
Messages
48
Location
Congleton Cheshire
Whiling away a few idle minutes at Crewe recently, I noticed several sections of bullhead rail where what I can only describe as omega-shaped clamps (in plan) had been fixed to the web of the rail.

Anybody know what purpose they serve?

Rgds

45378
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

45378

Member
Joined
16 Dec 2008
Messages
48
Location
Congleton Cheshire
Sorry, didn't make myself clear - the clamps are fitted to the vertical web of the rail, and are bolted through horizontally - so a bit like a fishplate, but not at a rail joint.

rgds
45378
 

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
Joined
20 Oct 2008
Messages
5,754
Location
Essex
That's what I was thinking Tin Rocket. Temp plates and clamps are the only thing I can think of that fit 45378's description.
 

45378

Member
Joined
16 Dec 2008
Messages
48
Location
Congleton Cheshire
Apols for delay in getting back to you - the temp repair theory is the most promising.

Sorry I haven't got a photo.

Cheers
45378
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top