• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

old train sign says'incandescent' would love some info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Incandescent

New Member
Joined
10 Sep 2011
Messages
1
A year or so ago I bought this sign from the a street market. I was told it was made from brass, and it is very heavy. the stall holder seemed to think it was from train, I bought it because I liked it, but am curious as to where it may have come from, or if it has any worth. I payed £10 for it.

I would love to know your thoughts!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0470.jpg
    IMG_0470.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 64
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

142094

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2009
Messages
8,789
Location
Newcastle
Any idea what length it is? Certainly does look like a nameplate but could really be from anything.
 

sprinterguy

Veteran Member
Joined
4 Mar 2010
Messages
11,579
Location
Macclesfield
It looks like it could be the nameplate off an industrial steam tank loco, I'm sure I've read of one named "Incandescent", and tbh there could well have been more than one.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top