• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Old Charter company name in full sentence

Status
Not open for further replies.

fv43576

Member
Joined
28 Jan 2015
Messages
131
I was look into a website 'Six Bell Junction' to see the past Charters I was very interesting to reading, because I just start charters in 2011 as I see some names of company that I have never hear before since in 1980's lot of them are now extinction. But I couldn't find any website to tell what happen to the company, when it end date or where it was sold to
What is the full word of this HRT, RCTS, and PTR mean?
what date did it end and reason
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gazthomas

Established Member
Joined
5 Jun 2011
Messages
3,466
Location
Llandudno
HRT Hertfordshire Railtours - now UK Railtours
RCTS - Railway Correspondence and Travel Society
PTR - Past-time Rail
 

Ash Bridge

Established Member
Joined
17 Mar 2014
Messages
4,222
Location
Stockport
I was look into a website 'Six Bell Junction' to see the past Charters I was very interesting to reading, because I just start charters in 2011 as I see some names of company that I have never hear before since in 1980's lot of them are now extinction. But I couldn't find any website to tell what happen to the company, when it end date or where it was sold to
What is the full word of this HRT, RCTS, and PTR mean?
what date did it end and reason

Hertfordshire Railtours. now known as UK Railtours

Railway Correspondence & Travel Society. not sure of current status

Past Time Railtours.
 
Last edited:

Ash Bridge

Established Member
Joined
17 Mar 2014
Messages
4,222
Location
Stockport
Still very much with us and thriving AFAIK but although they have a good selection of meetings and visits they don't run railtours these days.

Their website is here

Thanks for that,

got me thinking of a couple of others from the past too, Stephenson Locomotive Society and Locomotive Club of Great Britain, both still in existence but no longer running railtours sadly.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top