• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Old bus depot in Ibstock, Leicestershire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M7R

Member
Joined
15 Sep 2010
Messages
271
I drive up and down the A447 through Ibstock a fair bit, and each time I pass what appears to be an old bus garage, still with a couple of busses round the back I wonder what company it was and what became of them etc?

It’s this one here

https://goo.gl/maps/Cc1B13rSdPYy36dd8

Anyone know more?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

borage

Member
Joined
21 Feb 2018
Messages
176
The May 2012 Street View image shows a couple of Olympians, and an extant sign on the building reading "Home of the [...] Country Hopper": https://goo.gl/maps/cpRWttDuJ2Dpec667

Found some photographs on Flickr showing the garage:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/9003948@N05/4431180885/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ltht/4141028177/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/busesandmore/7056199221/

One of the descriptions suggests it was originally a depot of Browns Blue: http://www.markfieldhistory.btck.co.uk/Transport/BrownsBlueCoaches
 

M7R

Member
Joined
15 Sep 2010
Messages
271
I had come across the Browns Blue company but I read in one article something which said their base was on a different road from what I could tell so assumed it wasn’t that.

Thanks for the point in the right direction now I have a starting point of Country Coaches I can do some more digging and see what it turns up.

Cheers
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top