• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Okehampton service on Platform 4 at Exeter St David's

Status
Not open for further replies.

150249

Established Member
Joined
13 Dec 2021
Messages
1,242
Location
The better Devon city
Earlier, when I passed Exeter St David's level crossing, I saw 150263 operating an Okehampton service from Platform 4 (usually the down line) instead of Platform 3 (usually the up line). I believe it was around 1640. Realtime Trains says that it left from Platform 3 but I swear I saw it on Platform 4.

Furthermore, there were no trains in the station that would stop it from using Platform 3 and the train looked like it was about to leave - two minutes late. I didn't know that trains from Exeter Central could even go into Platform 4.

This may seem oddly specific but would anyone know why this happened?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

louis97

Established Member
Joined
14 May 2008
Messages
2,154
Location
Derby
There was a set swap. The train from Central arrived on platform 3, with the replacement unit on platform 4.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top