Hi all,
I'm off to India for a working week in May and I've decided to have 10 days off afterwards. I will be based in Kolkata (Calcutta)
An long standing ambition has been to ride the the Darjeeling Himalyan Railway (DHR) but I understand that some if not all of this isn't running. Can any of you confirm this please?
If the DHR isn't an option would you recommend the Shimla railway instead?
I will also be going to Delhi, so have in mind a trip to Agra by train, again thoughts appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Gary
I'm off to India for a working week in May and I've decided to have 10 days off afterwards. I will be based in Kolkata (Calcutta)
An long standing ambition has been to ride the the Darjeeling Himalyan Railway (DHR) but I understand that some if not all of this isn't running. Can any of you confirm this please?
If the DHR isn't an option would you recommend the Shimla railway instead?
I will also be going to Delhi, so have in mind a trip to Agra by train, again thoughts appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Gary