• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Off Peak Returns (SVRs) to London Underground destinations

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahj

Established Member
Joined
12 Dec 2012
Messages
1,897
Location
Brighton
Had a passengers ask a question today and I could not give a 100% truthful answer.

The punter had a Hove to Zones 1-6 Saver Return. and wanted to know on their return journey they could board the tube to Victoria from Zone 1 before the 9.30 restriction came in for their return. I did not know 100% and told them, but also told them probably not. The only info I could find later was in boundry and 9.30. But if I ever get that question again. (first time in 8 years) I'd like to know.


As an aside. I told them next time just buy a Hove to London T. SVR. Its £10 cheaper and use her contactless card for the tube trip in Zone 1. Much cheaper.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sarahj

Established Member
Joined
12 Dec 2012
Messages
1,897
Location
Brighton
I think its hove to 0786 on the advantix and includes Zone 1


or is 0786 london T, been a long day
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Thats the one. Though I thought it was £44 .
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I've looked through that list. The question, is the tube a train?
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,465
There is no time restriction on the add-on. It is a flat fare for each zonal combination.
 

sarahj

Established Member
Joined
12 Dec 2012
Messages
1,897
Location
Brighton
Cheers.

Never thought these tickets were worth it, esp for just one trip each way in Zone 1, esp now that contactless is the thing.
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,465
I agree. With the advent of Contactless, their use is much diminished. The only major use they might still have I guess is for certain business claims.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top