Thanks for the answer, however I keep on getting different responses to this. I asked a ticket guy yesterday and he said a definate "NO. You can only come back at 5pm, and not have to buy another ticket, on weekends". You'd have to buy another ticket". A few days before that, one said "YES, it is valid".
Hi there.
Say I buy an off-peak return ticket from Glasgow Central to Paisley Gilmour Street around 10am, will this ticket be valid if I come back at 5pm (on a weekday)?
Thanks a lot!
Your fine to return that time of the evening as far as i know PYG is in the Strathclyde area which has NO evening restrictions any day of the week. Perhaps another member of the forum that works in the area can confirm???
Carter Usm do you know?
Restriction : B3
OUTWARD TRAVEL
By any train except those
timed to depart Mondays to
Fridays before 0900
RETURN TRAVEL
By any train
Where did you ask this ticket guy, Glasgow or Edinburgh?I asked a ticket guy yesterday and he said a definate "NO. You can only come back at 5pm, and not have to buy another ticket, on weekends". You'd have to buy another ticket". A few days before that, one said "YES, it is valid".
But only on tickets from Glasgow <> Edinburgh and some nearby stations (e.g. Newcraighall) and intermediate stations (e.g Croy) but not longer tickets that include validity between Glasgow & Edinburgh. If in doubt, the restriction code should be checked.... this has been a long standing restriction for travelling between Glasgow and Edinburgh...
Exactly, since when were Paisley or Glasgow between Glasgow or Edinburgh!But only on tickets from Glasgow <> Edinburgh and some nearby stations