• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Off lease 180's to Eastleigh TMD

Status
Not open for further replies.

sad1e

Member
Joined
26 Aug 2024
Messages
1,026
Location
London
I've seen moves over the past week of the off lease angel trains class 180s being transferred to Eastleigh TMD , so far 180109 and 113 have been transferred from Litchurch Lane to Eastleigh , with further movements on Monday transferring either 180110 or 111 from Ely Papworth to Eastleigh.

Any ideas why these moves are happening ?


(The afformentioned Ely - Eastleigh move)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,813
Location
West of Andover
I sure I've read elsewhere Grand Central might be taking them on as a short term measure to allow the 2x 221s they have to go elsewhere, so I'm guessing heading to Eastleigh to get hit with multiple hammers to get the former Hull Trains/EMR units into working order after being stored for 3(?)+ years
 

XCTurbostar

Established Member
Joined
13 Sep 2014
Messages
2,558
I sure I've read elsewhere Grand Central might be taking them on as a short term measure to allow the 2x 221s they have to go elsewhere, so I'm guessing heading to Eastleigh to get hit with multiple hammers to get the former Hull Trains/EMR units into working order after being stored for 3(?)+ years
I don't this is correct. Grand Central stated when the lease begun that 142 and 143 were leased to add 'resilience to the fleet, facilitated a heavy maintenance programme on the Class 180s'.
 

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
1 Sep 2014
Messages
12,008
Location
here to eternity
As highlighted by @D365 discussion can be continued here:

 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top