• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

OBS and ‘DCO’ guard roles

Status
Not open for further replies.

pompeyfan

Established Member
Joined
24 Jan 2012
Messages
4,445
With one of the broadsheets staying yesterday there was change coming to the rail industry, and reading a post a second ago, I’d be interested to hear from those in Southerns On board supervisors grade, as well as Greater anglia conductors who do not routinely do the doors.

I’d like to ask what you actually do (especially during COVID), and how you rate the job now compared to when you used to be involved in the dispatch process. Personally I would have thought that having to do dispatch would break up the monotony of the same old excuses, the same people being repeatedly asked to remove feet and dogs from seats, and in general the unpleasant of some that are travelling.
I’m very cautious not to turn this into yet another DOO argument thread, but I’d really appreciate some relevant answers.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

387star

On Moderation
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
6,665
As you ask about Greater Anglia I'm interested in how they remain door competent? Understand there are still diagrams where doors are worked ?
 

mwest123

Member
Joined
15 Apr 2020
Messages
43
Location
Colchester
I am friends with GA traincrew, and on the Aventras and Stadlers they'll basically be a glorified On Board Supervisor, but will still be trained in safety critical duties etc and door control in case the cameras fail, however on the 321s and 360s (and maybe 317s as I heard they'll be joining the GEML soon) the conductor has full control - strange as the SWR Desi's have Door Control/PA panels in the vestibule where as the 360s panels are only in the cab. At the moment I am not sure what the agreement is with revenue and customer service but I heard they are sticking to the cabs for the time being (especially with this lockdown!)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top