• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

OBB planning for 2024 not confirmed -how risky to book?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niko556

Member
Joined
26 Nov 2021
Messages
9
Location
Dunbar
When I look at OBB website for the Bologna -munich train on 11th March I get the following message. Do folks think it is safe to assume the times won't change too much?

"
Please note that planning for local, regional and long-distance passenger rail services for the 2024 timetable year (as of 10th December 2023) has not yet been completed and the timetable data is not yet complete.

It is therefore possible that the local, regional and long-distance connections will be changed or cancelled at the time of the timetable change, that additional services may be added to the timetable data or that the departure or arrival times or the operating transport company may still change.
This particularly affects the long-distance services listed below:

List of affected long-distance trains

Ticket sales for the night train connections are expected to start in mid-October 2023.

We thus ask you to review the current timetable of your connection in due time before starting your journey. Thank you very much."
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SeanG

Established Member
Joined
4 May 2013
Messages
1,378
I don't think that they will vary too much - maybe an hour or so either way - so if this isn't an issue then I would book away. Personally I would always leave slack in a schedule before catching a sleeper (in case of previous delays) and afterwards (in the not so rare moment that a sleeper is delayed).
 

30907

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Sep 2012
Messages
21,991
Location
Airedale
Basically it means that the Italians haven't confirmed the timetable, perhaps WRT engineering works. I wouldn't be unduly bothered - but nor would I be booking a daytime train 4 months in advance in most of Europe.
I would be cautious about onward connections, that's all.
 

AlbertBeale

Established Member
Joined
16 Jun 2019
Messages
3,188
Location
London
When I look at OBB website for the Bologna -munich train on 11th March I get the following message. Do folks think it is safe to assume the times won't change too much?

"
Please note that planning for local, regional and long-distance passenger rail services for the 2024 timetable year (as of 10th December 2023) has not yet been completed and the timetable data is not yet complete.

It is therefore possible that the local, regional and long-distance connections will be changed or cancelled at the time of the timetable change, that additional services may be added to the timetable data or that the departure or arrival times or the operating transport company may still change.
This particularly affects the long-distance services listed below:

List of affected long-distance trains

Ticket sales for the night train connections are expected to start in mid-October 2023.

We thus ask you to review the current timetable of your connection in due time before starting your journey. Thank you very much."

I've booked some services using OBB that are after the timetable change and gave me that warning. But since they've sold me the tickets - including for connecting services - I assume that something similar will run, even if times shuffle a little bit. (But yes, obviously allow a bit of extra leeway for any crucial connections.) The only problem I found was that where trains were covered by this warning, reservations weren't always available. But even those have come on-line since, despite that warning still being in place for some services.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top