• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

NYC and Washington DC Pics (Non-rail; 13 Pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NY Yankee

Member
Joined
26 Mar 2012
Messages
487
Location
New York City
I wanted to share some miscellaneous photos of New York and Washington DC. If this is the wrong forum then I apologise

Garden State Plaza Mall (New Jersey)

Garden State Plaza Mall by William Wilson, on Flickr

Garden State Plaza Mall by William Wilson, on Flickr

World Trade Center

World Trade Center by William Wilson, on Flickr

Rockefeller Center (NYC)

Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree by William Wilson, on Flickr

Feast of San Gennaro (NYC)

Feast of San Gennaro by William Wilson, on Flickr

Statue of Liberty

Staten Island Ferry by William Wilson, on Flickr

Coney Island

Cyclone by William Wilson, on Flickr

Newseum (Washington DC)

Newseum by William Wilson, on Flickr

Newseum by William Wilson, on Flickr

Newseum by William Wilson, on Flickr

Smithsonian Air and Space Museum (Washington DC)

Smithsonian Air and Space Museum by William Wilson, on Flickr

Smithsonian Air and Space Museum by William Wilson, on Flickr

Smithsonian Air and Space Museum by William Wilson, on Flickr
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Johnuk123

Established Member
Joined
19 Mar 2012
Messages
2,800
Some excellent pictures there well done, North America is my favourite country in the world, I've been there 26 times and every time I go I have a fantastic time.
The National Air and Space musuem is superb.

My wife is American and we go back to see her folks twice a year
 

me123

Established Member
Joined
9 Jul 2007
Messages
8,510
Thanks for the photos. I also love visiting the USA as well, mostly New York but I really should try and explore other parts of the very diverse country. I'd agree that anyone going to DC should visit the National Air and Space museum. It's fantastic, and best of all it's free!
 

chris89

Established Member
Joined
21 Dec 2009
Messages
1,372
Location
Somewhere
Very nice photo's

Although only Visited NYC i loved it as well. Just ashame didn't go around Christmas time though (Late Oct/ Early Nov)

Did you manage to go around the 9/11 Memorial/ Museum bit?

Chris
 

me123

Established Member
Joined
9 Jul 2007
Messages
8,510
I'd highly recommend the 9/11 memorial and museum too. The Memorial is now a public place, and it's a very peaceful space in the heart of one of the world's biggest financial centres. The museum's definitely worth the visit too; very moving and not as much patriotic nonsense as you'd expect.
 

chris89

Established Member
Joined
21 Dec 2009
Messages
1,372
Location
Somewhere
I'd highly recommend the 9/11 memorial and museum too. The Memorial is now a public place, and it's a very peaceful space in the heart of one of the world's biggest financial centres. The museum's definitely worth the visit too; very moving and not as much patriotic nonsense as you'd expect.

When i did go, it was a extremely rainy day.(30th of October) the only bad day and was incredibly cloudly as well. But added to the strange feeling of the site though. Especially when looked up the WTC1/ Freedom Tower.

The proper museum bit is incredibly interesting and agree very moving as well.

Chris
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top