• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

NXWM: “Anomaly”

Status
Not open for further replies.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
Joined
21 Jan 2010
Messages
5,579
Good afternoon, all,

A relatively random but intriguing observation. I and a couple of others boarded a National Express West Midlands service the other day with Plus Bus and nNetwork tickets between us.

What caught my interest as I looked back upon boarding, the driver was recording our tickets into the ticket machine using a button labelled “anomaly”. Does anyone have any insight as to how this labelled button came about, perhaps what it is used for?

TP
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Joined
4 Dec 2012
Messages
20
Good afternoon, all,

A relatively random but intriguing observation. I and a couple of others boarded a National Express West Midlands service the other day with Plus Bus and nNetwork tickets between us.

What caught my interest as I looked back upon boarding, the driver was recording our tickets into the ticket machine using a button labelled “anomaly”. Does anyone have any insight as to how this labelled button came about, perhaps what it is used for?

TP
'Anomaly' is used to record when a passenger boards and presents a ticket which might be invalid/fraudulent. The data gathered informs the company where the fare evasion hot spots are and where they should direct revenue protection officials.

At least that is what they told me when I drove buses for them years ago.
 

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
Joined
21 Jan 2010
Messages
5,579
That explains the drivers confused face then. I had a funny feeling they didn’t know what they were looking at (this probably wasn’t helped by the variety of ways that the tickets had been issued by the rail industry!)

Thank you @reastreetmetro.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top