• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

NXEC Birthday Fares £5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Pumbaa

Established Member
Joined
19 Feb 2008
Messages
5,022
Reasonable I suppose. But only available on NXEC services; not allowed to upgrade either. Cheeky really, I doubt they will win more sales from this.
 

Frenske

New Member
Joined
17 Dec 2008
Messages
1
You call that reasonable!!! I got a ticket from London Waterloo to Edinburgh and back again for £10 on that on for a Friday afternoon and Sunday! :D
Last time it cost me £106 and I had not reserved seats. Well happy birthday to the NXEC!
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,448
Location
Yorkshire
You call that reasonable!!! I got a ticket from London Waterloo to Edinburgh and back again for £10 on that on for a Friday afternoon and Sunday! :D
Last time it cost me £106 and I had not reserved seats. Well happy birthday to the NXEC!
Unfortunately it won't include the Underground from Waterloo, but it's still great value from King's Cross to Edinburgh. Amazingly I booked the 17:00 KGX-YRK on a weekday in February at £5!

£106? that's a walk-on fare, so not a fair comparison.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Reasonable I suppose. But only available on NXEC services; not allowed to upgrade either. Cheeky really, I doubt they will win more sales from this.
I disagree - it's an amazing price. In reality the conductor can offer weekend first upgrades at their discretion, but for £5 you can't complain that it's not officially allowed.
 

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Joined
13 May 2008
Messages
12,774
It got posted to "Money Saving Expert". The vouchers went rather quickly after that.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top