My wife had an off-peak Crosscountry return ticket Basingstoke - Macclesfield with a reservation around 14.00 yesterday, arrival due at Macclesfield around 18.00. Because of the closure she decided to go via Waterloo and Euston, leaving Basingstoke 14.57 and intending to take the 16.53 direct to Macc. At the barrier at Euston she was told she couldn't travel because her Crosscountry ticket was off-peak. After a lot of argy-bargy they eventually relented and she travelled as planned. I had assumed that as her journey was "off-peak" as far as Crosscountry were concerned, Avanti should accept her reasonable alternative route as such also, their own rules notwithstanding. I would be interested to know who was right.
I don't think that there will be a problem with the return journey on Friday afternoon because it seems that everything on Friday is off-peak as far as Avanti is concerned.
Graham
I don't think that there will be a problem with the return journey on Friday afternoon because it seems that everything on Friday is off-peak as far as Avanti is concerned.
Graham